Greener Act is the “one of the kind” App, which allows travellers to make positive changes by engaging in community projects and to support local causes, in order to create a more sustainable world.
Our mission is to improve the livelihood of local communities and protect the natural environment, while contributing to the Sustainable Development Goals of the United Nations, by Travelling and Acting in a more Sustainable way.
Greener Act has signed up to Tourism Declares, an initiative that supports tourism businesses, organisations and individuals in declaring a climate emergency and taking purposeful action to reduce their carbon emissions as per the advice from The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) to cut global carbon emissions to 55% below 2017 levels by 2030.
1. Develop a ‘Climate Emergency Plan’ within the next 12 months, which sets out our intentions to reduce carbon emissions over the next decade. For example, incentivising members of Greener Act to organise regular tree planting sessions, known as “Greener Events” in order to mitigate climate change by suppressing the excess of CO2 in our atmosphere. Greener Act allows businesses to showcase their substantiality credentials and to maximise client’s engagement, by endorsing community projects and supporting local charities.
2. Share an initial public declaration of our ‘Climate Emergency Plan’, and update on progress each year.
3. Accept current IPCC advice stating the need to cut global carbon emissions to 55% below 2017 levels by 2030 in order to keep the planet within 1.5 degrees of warming. We’ll ensure our ‘Climate Emergency Plan’ represents actions designed to achieve this as a minimum, through delivering transparent, measurable and increasing reductions in the total carbon emissions per customer arising from our operations and the travel services sold by us.
4. Encourage our “Greener Partners” to make the same declaration; sharing best practice amongst peers; and actively participate in the Tourism Declares community.
5. Advocate for change. We recognise the need for system change across the industry to accelerate a just transition towards carbon-free tourism.
Greener Act hopes that 2021 will be the year where all responsible stakeholders will come together, like never before, in order to “kickstart” the sustainable revolution.